spring capsule wardrobe for your mini me
Disclosure: I have partnered with YMC and H&M and have received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
Spring is just around the corner which means a whole new wardrobe for Lily. Wouldn't it be so easy if they could just wear the same thing all year around? But then this little thing called growth spurt comes into play & all of her old Summer clothes suddenly no longer fit! Now this is the fun part.. creating a Spring capsule wardrobe where you can mix & match outfits for your little lady. Here are my key tips for creating a capsule wardrobe:
- Take stock of what you have & write a shopping list. You may have some tops, leggings, dresses etc, from Fall/Winter that still fit and are seasonally appropriate. There's no need to go out and buy an entire new wardrobe, think of exactly what's needed to complete entire looks e.g. tanks, short sleeve tops, long sleeve tops, dresses, shorts, skirts, leggings, jeans, jumpsuits, hoodies, sweaters, jackets, shoes. Add what's missing to your shopping list so you don't go overboard and get distracted in the store (which is what I usually do haha).
- The ideal capsule wardrobe could contain something along these lines (excluding PJs, undies & socks):
- 3 x tank tops
- 3 x short sleeve tees
- 3 x long sleeve tees
- 2 x day dresses
- 1 x party dress
- 1 x jumpsuit
- 1 x sweater
- 1 x hoodie or cardigan
- 1 x light jacket
- 1 x denim jacket
- 4 x leggings
- 1 x jeans
- 1 x sneakers
- 1 x sandals
- 1 x dressy shoes like ballet flats
- Solo shopping. I love Lily, but at this age, she's not a very good shopping companion! I much prefer shopping by myself or shopping online after she goes to sleep. That way I can fully concentrate on the task at hand!
- Check the sizes. Usually, I buy size 2-4yo for Lily as I always want to get the most wear possible out of her clothes. There's nothing worse than buying an item and it no longer fits after a few weeks. You can always roll the cuffs or sleeves up to make it fit. But with that being said, I always check out the baby department as Lily is 2.5 years old, sometimes items in the 1 1/2 to 2yo size fit her e.g. this cute little floral jacket.
- Shop the boys department. Most of the time I'm drawn to the colour palette in the boy's department more than the girls. Always take a look in the boy's department as that's where I came across the adorable sneakers Lily is wearing above. They also have awesome little khaki bomber jackets and great basic tees.
Now you're set up with the basics, I wanted to share that you can enjoy 20% off your kids purchase at H&M, when you spend $60 or more, until April 8th (in-store only). I found H&M is really great for those fashionable pieces like the adorable denim overall dress Lily is wearing and it's super affordable.
I look forward to hearing about how you build up your kids Spring wardrobes, so please keep me posted if you have any tips or feedback to share!